Pit Lane Manager Rules
Pit Lane Manager is a Fantasy Formula-1 game which puts you in charge of a Formula-1 Team. You are given an opening budget, and you can select which ever team you can afford. From there, as your team earns points, you will also earn money which you can use to trade parts of your team to better ones.
The rules are:
- You must select a team to score points. A team consists of 2 drivers, an engine and a chassis.
- You cannot exceed your budget when selecting a team.
- Changing items on your team will incur a 10% commission for each change made, applied to the price of the item you are changing. So if you switch from a driver worth $30m to a driver worth $40m, it will cost you $13m (the difference plus 10% of $30m). Note however that you may change your team without penalty before the first race.
- You cannot select or change a team while a race event is on. A race event counts as the time at which Qualifying begins until the end of the Day of the race, which are normally a Saturday and Sunday.
- Points will be awarded for the position in which your drivers/engine/chassis finish in the qualifying session and in the race of a race weekend. The qualifying and race results are taken from the Official Formula1 Results at formula1.com.
- Drivers, Engines and Chassis earn the following points for the Qualifying session and the race:
Position Quali Points Race Points 1: 40 100 2: 30 60 3: 25 40 4: 20 30 5: 15 25 6: 10 20 7: 6 15 8: 4 10 9: 2 6 10: 1 4 11: - 2 12: - 1
- In addition to the points above, a driver will score 2 points for each position they gain between their grid position and their finishing position.
- For each point a team earns, they will be rewarded $100,000 towards their budget.
- In addition to the money earned for points, a team will earn a bonus $500,000 for each of their drivers which finish a race event.
- Each player has a 'KERS' button on their team setup page. Using the 'KERS' button will result in the commission charge being waived for that team modification. The 'KERS' button may only be used once during a season.
- Each player has a 'PitStop' button on their team setup page. Using the 'PitStop' button will allow the player to change one (and only one) item in their team after the Qualifying session. The PitStop window will open 4 hours after the start of Qualifying and will then be open for 12 hours. Changes may only be done in this window. However, changing an item in a PitStop will result in a commission of 25% instead of the usual 10%. The 'PitStop' button may only be used once during a season.
- In the event of the FIA adjusting race results based on stewards findings BEFORE the following event begins, the Administration Staff may take the decision to roll back the database in order to correct the results, points and team budgets. If this happens, team owners may have to re-apply any changes they have made to their team.
- In the event of the FIA adjusting race results based on investigations or appeals AFTER the following event has begun, the Administration Staff may take the decision to correct the results without a database rollback, meaning that teams will accrue the correct points but will NOT accrue budget for those points. This is in order to cause minimal disruption to the game.
- In the event of a driver being replaced within a team due to injury or cancellation of contract, that driver will be replaced within the game at no cost to those players affected by the change.
- The league positions will be determined by points; the aim is to get as many points as possible.
If you have any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org